Wanderer: A Lenten Pilgrimage – We will be walking along the coast from North Shields to Seaton Sluice each week during lent, culminating with a BBQ on the beach sometime after Easter. The dates and times are below.
It’s not just about walking, every so often on our wander we will pause for a short reflection or a bit of local history, we will do this once or twice on each walk. Please feel free to bring your own refreshments if you want, although we may stop for a refreshment stop along the way. We will close each of our walks with a short reflection.
As we wander we would like to encourage you to try to find something on the journey that you could pick up and carry with you, a stone, leaf, branch or a bit of rubbish… it’s up to you.
These walks are open to all, and if folks just want to walk and not join in with the reflection then they can carry on, or just wait for us to finish, we will not be to stopping for very long.
Some of the walks will be along the beach and in various places when we walk on the tops it is a bit muddy, so be prepared! Also be aware that these walks are weather dependant, so if its grim weather, please contact us by using the contact form below.
If you feel that you couldn’t do the whole walk then please feel free to dip in and out where ever you feel able. some parts of the walk would be suitable for wheel chairs and prams, this would mainly be from North Shields walking towards Whitley Bay and St. Mary’s lighthouse… depending if we go on the beach. We will be returning either by bus or we will have a car parked at either end depending on where we start to drop people back at the start to pick up your car.
- Sunday 9th March 2.00pm – Starting at North Shields Fish Quay (car park)
- Wednesday 12th March 10.00am ending with lunch in Seaton Sluice – Starting at North Shields fish key (car park)
- Saturday 22nd March 10.00am ending with fish and chips – Starting at Seaton Sluice Methodist Church
- Sunday 30th March 2.00pm – Starting at North Shields Fish Quay (car park)
- Thursday 3rd April 9.00am – Starting at Seaton Sluice Methodist Church
- Sunday 13th April 2.00pm – Starting at North Shields Fish Quay (car park)
- Sunday 27th April Resurrection Picnic on Tynemouth Longsands below St Georges meeting from 12.00pm